Tuesday 21 December 2010

Midweek Notes



Oriental Reed Warbler
Ratchaburi
18.12.10

As always it is an interesting time in the kingdom of birds. Towards the end of last week this Oriental Reed Warbler obliged for me and I managed to get the EOS Canon Kiss X3 onto it and take a  few decent pictures. I love this bird's wing structure especially the layering at the tip. I am sure it has a name. It's a joy to watch this bird slide down the reeds. There are quite a lot of interesting birds around in the reeds: notably yellow-bellied prinia -  I am working on the photograph! Lots of partials and unknowns! I think I am definitely getting a bit sharper in the field and seeing more!

Out in the paddy tonight it was raptor heaven. Pieds joined by Eastern (corrected 01.01.11) Marsh Harriers. They were a distance away plus it was late so I had to settle for observation only. They are harvesting the paddy at the moment so I think this is likely to mean more birds as presumably this means the prey will have fewer places to hide. I'll hopefully get some shots of these Marsh Harriers later in the week. However it is a new species for this local patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment