Saturday 13 August 2011

Up Close and Personal!












You could say I have been hoping for an opportunity to get close to River Lapwing! This morning I went out early to Huay Mai Teng Reservoir where I met Tom Backlund just after 6:00 am. It turned into a hot morning. We set up our hides for the lapwing but missed them. Otherwise an unremarkable morning’s birder: a oriental darter probably being the highlight and a small number of small pratincoles. I thought the latter species had gone several weeks ago.Tom headed home at midday and the lapwing were back on their favoured spot. I decided to have another try and set up again and duly scared the two birds away. It was extremely hot and sweaty in the hide but some scaly-breasted munias and dragon flies kept me busy and then the lapwing popped back and for once I was in the right place at the right time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment