Friday 4 November 2011

Oriental Reed Warbler



My bird watching this last week or so has been in short snatches, and restricted to the local rice paddy in Ratchaburi. On this evening's 45 minute snatch, this Oriental Reed Warbler posed a little for me and I don't think there can be much doubt about its ID. It's probably the same bird from Wednesday as it was in the same tree. Less than half an hour's difference in the time of the shots, however a huge difference in quality: these were shot at ISO 64. The bird is showing its features too, so no issues about its identification. I am also very pleased with the Nikon P5100 as a temporary solution. I have found a new part of the rice paddy, a sort of secluded cul-de-sac and I am hoping to venture upon some harriers and perhaps some surprise species parked there. I have seen Pied and Eastern Marsh already in this area and I am just hoping we'll bump into each other again, at least long enough to get a few shots. Maybe a Thick-billed Warbler too!

No comments:

Post a Comment