Friday 20 January 2012

Common Kingfisher, Kanchanaburi Province


The school camp brought me to the Pavilion Mae Kwai Resort in Kanchanaburi Province. I really should make a trip into this area and do some birding here because I have no doubt it will be very rewarding. Maybe later this year.  Like rubbish dumps universally, large resort hotels in Thailand are worth exploring because they often have extensive grounds with usually a few interesting species knocking about. Today notwithstanding the presence of 250 unruly kids I saw some warblers, a Coppersmith Barbet and I managed to get a few shots of this Common Kingfisher which perched up for me nicely. The light was a little against me and it was late in the day so I have not managed to get as much detail as I was hoping for but I am happy nonetheless with the shot - my colleagues and kids were impressed too!

No comments:

Post a Comment