Saturday 7 January 2012

Mew Gull at Bang Pu, Samut Prakhan Province


Thanks to information from Phil Round I successfully twitched Mew Gull this afternoon off the pier at the seaside resort of Bang Pu, Samut Prakhan. In effect it is suburban Bangkok, just off the Sukhumwit Road about 30 km east of Bangkok. It was a very productive day in fact as I managed two lifers. The Mew Gull was ⌗308 and ⌗307 was Black-headed Gull. I am a little surprised I hadn't got the latter on my last. The Mew Gull is a fairly rare visitor to these parts so it is a great tick. Not a great shot but it will suffice at the moment for the record. This bird however came in so close that it was virtually impossible to use the digiscope! The shot below was taken with my P6000. The above shot really shows the power of the digiscope when compared to the shot below! More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment