Sunday 18 September 2011

Meanwhile inland at the reservoir...


On our return from a family day out to Suan Phueng we stopped off to see the Blossom-headed Parakeets at Huay Mai Teng Reservoir. Suan Phueng is an amazing development of hip hotels high in the mountains as you head to the Myanmar border. On arrival  at the reservoir it wasn't looking too promising with rain and wind.  A drive home seemed very attractive. But I convinced myself the weather would clear and it did at about 1700h and soon after in came one Blossom-headed Parakeet and then a few moments later in came the rest of the flock.... a small flock of maybe 10 - 12 birds but I am not sure how many as they were being quite elusive. I did manage some shots. I am particularily happy about today as it's nice being able to show my wife and mother-in-law such beautiful birds. Nothing else to report, no River Lapwing so perhaps they have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment