Sunday 30 October 2011

Ratchaburi Rice Paddy

Little Egret
Egretta garzetta
30.10.11
A very pleasant afternoon in the rice paddy where I got up close and personal with a very confiding Little Egret which didn't seem to mind me being within about 10 m. How unusual for the subject bird to be so close I couldn't fit it all inside the viewfinder! I'd like to get as close to some raptors.

Little Egret
Egretta garzetta
30.10.11


Lots of common birds. Aerial views of both Pied & Eastern Marsh Harrier, an "interesting" reed-warbler,unidentified, buried deep in reeds in a split second, and an Asian Brown Flycatcher,. The Snipe and Wood Sandpipers were still present but they weren't smiling for the camera today!

Little Egret
Egretta garzetta
30.10.11


White-throated Kingfisher
Halcyon smyrnensis
 30.10.11
Noteworthy that there was no rain this afternoon, so perhaps the weather is changing for the better in terms of the flooding. All being well I'll head further afield next weekend. I rather fancy the reservoir.

Common Hoopoe
Upupa epops
30.10.11


On my way out to the rice paddy a couple of hoopoes were feeding on some lawn. Difficult to photograph as they were feeding and on the move but they are very distinctive and very attractive birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment