Thursday 23 February 2012

Local News - Peregrine Falcon

Peregrine Falcon
Falco peregrinus
เหยี่ยวเพเรกริน
Ratchaburi 23.02.12

I am unable to explain how but I appear to have developed an ability to spot Peregrine Falcon in flight. I can't really describe what it is but I watched this fellow fly past me in the local rice paddy in Ratchaburi and was able to follow it on to its perch high on an electricity pylon. I had no doubt I was watching a Peregrine. Not a very good shot but adequate for the record. In fact when I consider the bird was about 350-400 metres away, it was 18:00h, and I was shooting at ISO 200, it is a small miracle and testimony to Kowa's brilliant optics and old faithful, the Nikon P6000. I was using the 20-60x zoom eyepiece at maximum zoom.  Truly amazing reach. Not much else to report, same really as yesterday but no harriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment