Saturday 9 April 2011

Back in The Philippines

Eurasian Tree Sparrow
Passer montanus
Punta Taytay, Bacolod City, Neg Occ, RP
04.09.11
I am back in the Philippines in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental and I even managed an hour or so at the Punta Tay Tay sea wall this afternoon but light to some extent and tide, expecially, were against me plus very strong winds. Lots of black-naped terns and the undoubted highlight was a good view of a White-browed Crake in a pond adjacent to the sea wall. I didn't manage a shot of it but I did with this Eurasian Tree Sparrow. Also a very nice Barn Swallow showing all its colours: its Thai counterparts are all a bit worn right now. I am hoping to get down tomorrow for low tide and better light so hope to get a few more shots.

I photographed this Chinese Pond Heron in the local rice paddy back in Ratchaburi, Thailand during last week. It was shot in poor light and I had rather dismissed it but it is not such a bad shot really. Better than a mere  record shot and nicely it  shows this bird in breeding plumage. I suppose I was a little bit away too so all things considered pretty good. In real terms this was just an exercise in seeing what I can actually shoot with the digiscope rig.
Chinese Pond Heron
Aredeola bacchus
นกยางกรอกพันธุ์จีน
Ratchaburi, 06.04.11

No comments:

Post a Comment