Sunday 6 February 2011

My Locale


I reckon the local rice paddy will be an interesting place over the next couple of weeks as there is a lot of surface water about and scores of birds, mainly common species like Cattle Egrets, Chinese Pond Herons, Common Mynas, Barn Swallows and Little Egrets. The watering is a precursor to planting the next rice crop. So good feeding opportunities.

I took my mind off my woes with a gentle hour or so at the local rice paddy. I managed the above shot of a Yellow-bellied Prinia with a 60 mm lens....heavily cropped.  I might have managed a decent shot of it with the telescope. There were also quite a lot of Plain Prinias and I had some good views of a Common Kingfisher and a couple of Black-shouldered Kites.

I should know the fate of my telescope tomorrow. Tracking shows the package arrived in Tokyo this afternoon so it should be delivered tomorrow. My concern is the contents have been switched. I hope I ma just being paranoid. Hopefully my P6000 will be delivered this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment